1-866-405-5138 (U.S.) 🇺🇸 or 1-925-331-6892 (Non-U.S.)
Turbo-Boost Your Immune System with Aronia Berry, Echinacea, and Pomegranate
If there’s one thing that this year’s global health crisis has taught us all, it’s that you can’t always control the external factors that pose a threat to your health and wellness. What you can control is how well you look after your immune system to keep it in optimal shape.
It’s incredible to think that there’s an entire army of natural defense mechanisms in your body constantly working to protect you from illness-causing germs, and easy to assume that the immune system can be left to care for itself. But, as we’ll look at here, taking a few simple steps to protect and support your immune system can make a big difference in how well it’s able to protect and support you.
Your Body’s Best Fighters Can Still Be Vulnerable
The last time you got a papercut, you probably weren’t worried about developing a severe infection. Likewise, your most recent case of the common cold most likely didn’t warrant a trip to the hospital. Small, daily threats like these that the immune cells patrolling our bodies help us easily parry really put into perspective just how crucial immunity is to overall health, and how easy it is to take for granted.
When immune cells are weakened or damaged, so too is their ability to protect us. Suddenly, the viruses, bacteria, and toxins assaulting us daily gain an upper-hand, with health and wellness suffering as a result.
For all the health superpowers that immune cells possess, they also have a major kryptonite. Research in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition shows that immune cells are particularly sensitive to disruptions caused by free radicals naturally present in the body and in the environment.1 What sounds like a complex threat can actually be easily defended with one amazing ingredient.
The Power of Antioxidants
The best weapon in the fight against immune cell damaging free radicals is a powerful antioxidant. Aronia Berry, grown in the fertile soils of America’s breadbasket, has been called the “Heartland Miracle” because of the incredible amount of protective compounds it contains.
Aronia doesn’t just rank among the most antioxidant rich superfoods on Earth; it contains the most powerful types of antioxidants needed to prevent oxidative damage caused by free radicals. One USDA study found that Aronia had the greatest concentration of anthocyanins and proanthocyanidins of all berries tested, while a second European study highlighted its remarkable polyphenol content.2,3
Simply put, Aronia is an indispensable ally for anybody looking to defend their immune system so it can better defend them. Before free radicals damage your immune cells, neutralize them with a powerful antioxidant.
Don’t Just Defend Immune Cells, Nourish Them
One of the most important elements of the immune system is the body’s supply of Natural Killer (NK) Cells. A pretty intimidating name, but well earned - NK Cells are the first line of defense against tumor cells and viral infections. Their importance is clearly exemplified by the fact that individuals with an NK deficiency are more susceptible to viral infection.4
Echinacea root has long been a popular herbal remedy for combatting and reducing the duration of the common cold, even outselling super-ingredients like turmeric. While that’s interesting on it’s own, what’s truly fascinating is the scientific reasoning behind why Echinacea is a powerful immunity booster.
It’s nourishing effects on the immune system are twofold. Research shows that Echinacea not only blocks the effects of prostaglandins - harmful compounds that can weaken NK Cells - it also stimulates the production of more NK Cells within the body.5 When it comes to strengthening natural defenses, there’s not much more you could ask for than a natural ingredient that delivers a one-two punch: both fortifying and multiplying your body’s frontline defenders.
A Different Kind of “Core Strength”
It might seem counterintuitive to think that bacteria are actually a key piece of a strong, responsive immune system. And yet, science continues to shed light on the crucial role that the good bacteria in your gut play in overall immunity. “A huge proportion of your immune system is actually in your GI tract,” says Dan Peterson, assistant professor of pathology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine - a surprising insight into an easy to overlook aspect of immune support.6
Pomegranate is hugely popular in health circles because of the nutrients and powerful plant compounds it’s packed with, but research also shows that pomegranate can help stimulate healthy gut flora in the digestive tract.7 Researchers at Johns Hopkins are fascinated by the link between good gut bacteria and immunity, highlighting that “certain cells in the lining of the gut spend their lives excreting massive quantities of antibodies into the gut”.6
A superfood like pomegranate doesn’t just address immune strength at its core - it also contains antiviral, antibacterial vitamins like C and E, and is packed with three times more antioxidants than green tea and red wine. 8
The All-In-One Immunity Supplement
You want to do everything you can to support a healthy immune system. That must mean going to the store and picking up a few bunches of Aronia berries, a bushel of pomegranates, some fresh Echinacea roots, and a full basket of vitamin supplements, right?
Well, luckily, immune support doesn’t have to involve a wild goose chase that takes you to every health and wellness shop in town. When we created My Healthy Body, we set out to craft an immune support supplement that provides a full range of pure, natural ingredients that foster strong immunity.
With just two capsules a day, My Healthy Body provides you with all of the nourishing ingredients we discussed here, as well as a full team of other scientifically researched ingredients, including:
Glucan-rich Maitake and Shiitake Mushroom to stimulate defense reaction.9
Vitamins A, B6, B12, C, and D3 to activate immune response and enhance T and NK Cell ability.10,11
Sophor Japonica - a Japanese herb containing powerful antiviral and antimicrobial nutrients.12
Our customers love My Healthy Body, and we know that you will too. You can try My Healthy Body risk-free with our No-Hassle 100% Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee. Give it a try, and if you decide that it isn’t for you, just return your unused portion within a full year of your order for a full refund of the purchase price.
Yours in continued good health,
The Best Life Herbals Wellness Team
The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration. They are not intended to treat, cure, prevent or diagnose any disease.
- 14. De la Fuente M. “Effects of antioxidants on immune system aging.” Eur J Clin Nutr. 2002 56, Suppl 3, S5-S8. https://www.nature.com/articles/1601476.pdf
- Wu X et al. “Characterization of anthocyanins and proanthocyanidins in some cultivars of Ribes, Aronia, and Sambucus and their antioxidant capacity.” J Agric Food Chem. 2004 Dec 29;52(26):7846-56 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15612766
- Tolic MT et al. “Phenolic Content, Antioxidant Capacity and Quality of Chokeberry (Aronia melanocarpa) Products.” Food Technol Biotechnol. 2015 Jun; 53(2): 171-179. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5068402/
- van Erp, Elisabeth A et al. “Viral Infection of Human Natural Killer Cells.” Viruses vol. 11,3 243. 12 Mar. 2019, doi:10.3390/v11030243Â
- Miller SC. “Echinacea: a Miracle Herb against Aging and Cancer? Evidence In vivo in Mice.” Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2005 Sep;
Fields, H., 2020. The Gut: Where Bacteria And Immune System Meet. Hopkinsmedicine.org. https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/research/advancements-in-research/fundamentals/in-depth/the-gut-where-bacteria-and-immune-system-meet
- 63. Viladomiu M et al. “Preventive and Prophylactic Mechanisms of Action of Pomegranate Bioactive Constituents.” Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2013; 789764 www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2013/789764/
- Basu, Arpita & Penugonda, Kavitha. (2009). Pomegranate juice: A heart-healthy fruit juice. Nutrition reviews. 67. 49-56. 10.1111/j.1753-4887.2008.00133.x.
- Vetvicka V, Vetvickova J. “Immune-enhancing effects of Maitake (Grifola frondosa) and Shiitake (Lentin- ula edodes) extracts.” Ann Transl Med. 2014 Feb;2(2):14. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4202470/
- von Essen MR et al. “Vitamin D controls T cell antigen receptor signaling and activation of human T cells.” Nat Immunol. Apr; 11(4):344-9 www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20208539
- Bendich A. “Carotenoids and the immune response.” J Nutr. 1989 Jan;119(1):112-15 www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26436936
- Chirumbolo S. “The role of quercetin, flavonols and flavones in modulating inflammatory cell function.” Inflamm Allergy Drug Targets. 2010 Sep;9(4):263-85 www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20887269