Are you Acidic or Alkaline?
Not a question many of us ask ourselves, but if you want to be A FAT BURNING MACHINE, this is a very important question!
Knowing the answer to this question could determine why you may be at a plateau of your weight loss… Why you may be overweight… Why you get bloated after you eat, or why you may be restless, stressed, exhausted and sleepy in the middle of your day…
And why you are not seeing the “Lean Mean Machine” and healthy body you deserve.
Your body is always looking for balance, just like your body temperature is always 98.6, it will seek to be in an Alkaline inner environment.
The Acid/Alkaline or pH balance of bodily fluids should be 7.4, which is slightly alkaline. If you are too acidic you are more prone to yeast, illnesses, viruses, and parasites as well as leading you to feeling drained and possibly constipated, which could mean that your body isn’t being allowed to absorb nutrients properly, leaving you simply feeling imbalanced and unhealthy.
However, with the simple secrets of proper food combining, you will achieve not only an acid/alkaline balance, but it will also allow you to Burn FAT all day long, Gain Strength, and feel more Energetic than you have ever felt, just like when you were in your 20’s!
But first, How does one become acidic?
- According to The Body Ecology Diet, by Donna Gates, it states that Eating a diet high in acid forming foods such as animal protein, sugar, candy, beans, soybean products, vinegar, alcohol, chocolate, artificial sweeteners, processed foods with preservatives and chemicals increases your level of acidity. Does this sound like you?
- Not eating enough alkaline foods such as most vegetables, ocean vegetables, mineral water, fruits will also increase acid/alkaline imbalance. In addition, if you don’t start eating the right alkalinizing foods, your body can leach the minerals (calcium, sodium, magnesium, potassium) from your stored reserves. Since your thyroid and adrenals need these minerals to supply you with energy, this nutrient transfer can leave you feeling sluggish!
- Other things that will cause acidity are:
- A deficiency in minerals (calcium, potassium, sodium,etc.),
- Improper food combining- For this lesson, I will teach this to you as your main focus.
- Not following the 80/20% rule (As Donna Gates, a nutritional consultant and lecturer on immune disorders and candidiasis, says “Approximately 20% of the foods on your plate should be acid forming, and approximately 80% of your food should be alkaline forming”
Being too acidic is one of the main reasons why you will crave and eat the wrong foods, especially sugars and carbohydrates. In addition, why do you think you possibly don’t want to workout? NO ENERGY! As you can see, this is a downward spiral.
How to know if you are Acidic or Alkaline
A good way to know whether you could be either acidic or alkaline is by taking a PH test. You can do this by obtaining litmus paper from a local pharmacy or even pet store, and urinating on it first thing in the morning for complete accuracy…however… you can determine this simply by how you feel.
You are likely to be Acidic if: Feeling fatigued or lethargic, poor memory, loss of sexual desire or feeling, bloated, gassy, indigestion, heart burn, bad breath, and getting sick often.
You are likely to be Alkaline if: When the opposite of the above occur…in other words when you feel GREAT!
So how do you get from Acidic to Alkaline so you can properly burn fat all day long?
One of the best ways, and one that I’m about to reveal to you, which less than 1% of fitness professionals talk about or even know about, is Proper Food Combining
Key Points of Food Combining:
- Eat Fruits Alone or on an empty Stomach, however if you must combine only do so with protein fats such as yogurt (plain), kefir, or nuts and seeds. Why? Normally fruits take 30 min. to digest, but when eaten with other foods such as a protein or a starchy food they may take 3-5 hours. This then causes fermentation, which leads to poor assimilation of nutrients, and ultimately sets up an environment for yeast overgrowth.
- Never eat a protein with a Starch! This places digestion at a standstill because the digestive enzyme pepsin secreted when eating protein is cancelled out by the digestive enzyme ptyalin because they neutralize each other, causing poor absorption, digestion, and elimination. In turn causes toxicity in the body which then leads to other ailments. Yeah, this means meat and potatoes don’t mix!
- Always eat protein with non-starchy or ocean veggies..ex. Fish with steam veggies or large veggie salad with protein. Or veggie omelette also does the trick.
- Always eat grains and starchy veggies with non-starchy or ocean veggies . Ex. Spinach salad with sweet potato, red peppers, pumpkin seeds, chick peas, and a little sprinkle of goat cheese on top.
- Don’t drink anything with your meals! Drink no closer than 10-15 min before a meal. And wait 1 hour or so after you eat. The reason: It dilutes your digestive enzymes which aid digestion. However, an exception to this rule would be warm tea (green or ginger) or soup, because these aid digestion.
- And try to Never eat starchy carbohydrates by themselves if you want to burn fat, combine with veggies or green salads!!!
- Take Digestive Enzymes! Most of the time your body doesn’t have enough, so you have to supplement. (Enzymes are essential to every aspect of life and carry out all the daily biochemical functions. They are the basic elements that activate all functions in the body, facilitate reactions that build compounds from the body’s raw materials, transport elements throughout the body, break down substances, and eliminate many unwanted chemicals in the body.)
You have to try this and I promise you will start feeling a difference the first couple of days.
Here is an example of a day’s meal:
- Breakfast: 1-2 eggs with veggies such as spinach, onion, and red peppers.
- Snack: Protein shake
- Lunch: Seasoned chicken breast with lots of veggies such as broccoli, asparagus, red peppers (do a light stir fry with olive oil)
- Snack: Red potato with butter (cultured preferably)
- Dinner: Salad topped with olives, cucumbers, avocado, red peppers, a little olive oil, a little lemon and grilled wild salmon
- Night snack: ½ cup of yogurt or kefir
There you have it!
WAIT! WAIT! I almost forgot a very important tip. Drink a protein shake immediately following a workout and throw some spinach in the blender, you can’t taste it but this will give you some fiber as well as make it more alkaline. And if your wondering why a shake, and not solid food, it is because the protein shake powder does not have to be broken down any further so it goes straight to the muscles at a lightning speed!
Until Next time….(Part 3… THE 6 Top FAT BURNING Workout Moves! )
“ I will inspire you and motivate you!”
Editor’s Note: Yarixa Ferrao A.K.A. “Coach Yari” has been a health and fitness professional and enthusiast for nearly 10 years. You can now discover all of Coach Yari’s secrets to leading a healthy life at her Retreat in Delray Beach this July 10-12. Get the details here www.getfitin6.com/retreat.html ]